Saturday, May 5, 2012

Making me better

For some reason I have a negative connotation of the word (phrase) self-help. I prefer to think of it as making me better. I come up with a lot of these ideas from reading blogs, magazines and websites (LifeHack and Wired being chief among them). So I decided I'm going to try and keep track a little bit of the things I do to try and make me a little better each day and maybe some of it will interest you or trigger something else that will work for you that is related. Expect this to be a series of little posts and look for the tag/label at the bottom of "better me"

First of this list is something pretty simple. I subscribe to a daily email from KLove, the radio station. This email very simply gives you a short bible verse that is meant as an encouraging word. Now I am the KING of email lists and for some I just bounce through and archive things but this email every day I don't. It is good, it is short, and most importantly it is good for me (you). I'll include today's message below, it is simple --

This is the day the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it.--Psalm 118:24, NLT

That's it, just a little nourishment for the soul where it didn't exist before I had read that.

No comments: