Monday, November 1, 2010

Snakes

I'm officially done, well as officially as a blog posting is :) , getting out of the snake handling business. What I mean by that is that I got a credit card a while back in the summer anticipating travel expenses, moving expenses, etc, etc. And quite honestly it was a good thing for me because at one point money got really, really tight.

BUT

I don't like the "ability" to get myself in a bad spot and the avail"ability" of free money means nothing to someone who has money. (I'm not rich by any stretch but I once again have a good 2k in emergency b/t me and operating so i feel good). I think I will blog about some personal money stuff in the future perhaps, but not now, mainly because I'm not proud of where I am, I'm subsisting, I'm making and now have enough cushion I'm at least not uncomfortable. SO to take the analogy from long ago that "If you play with snakes you will get bitten" and I believe credit cards to be fairly snaky so I'm only going to plan on using it for travel type stuff.

I will also say that there is a reluctance in me to their accounting, for some reason I always struggled to get their balances to add up to what I was paying. HOWEVER when I chart it all out over the course of 3 months it balanced up. What does that mean? For me it means they are loose either with when transactions go through or loose with when they are posting my payment, neither of which I liked. So back to the ING Debit Card for me.

No comments: