Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Orleans Dining #32

Coquette

OK, this place is clearly in the fine dining category but it is fun to go and eat this type stuff sometimes. An obvious French influence and man was it tasty. I went with an attorney friend of mine so we split some stuff to try it out. We had the gulf shrimp and crab/pasta dishes as appetizers and they were good, well the shrimp was good, not great the crab/pasta thing was really, really good. I mate had for her entree the sea scallops which she really enjoyed and I had the "suckling pig" which was 3 types of pork. The "tenderloin" portion was just divine, the sausage part was not as good as I expected and the "pulled pork" portion was pretty good but not heavenly (and smaller than the other 2 portions). There was also a creamed sweet potato base that was really good that is on, plus a garnish I didn't really care for but it was a garnish, so ... I will also say that we had a dessert of carrot cake (not my choice) but the couple of bites I had were pretty good. They also had a Tom Collins based drink that was quite tasty. This place was really good but not an everyday place for a cheapskate like me :)


The honest comparison for me has to be to Dick and Jenny's for me and IMO Dick and Jenny's was slightly better.

Located at: Magazine & Washington

On the web at: http://www.coquette-nola.com/

No comments: