Sunday, October 10, 2010

What a busy place

OK, when I moved to NOLA I really had no clue that I could literally do something every single night in this town and never run out of stuff probably. So I will highlight some of the stuff I've had the opportunity to do since being in NOLA

- went to hear Dr. John at the Harvest the Music event at Lafayette Square
- went to a mixer with Kermit Ruffin and the BBQ Swingers playing at Kingsley House
- went to see Daniel Tosh (host of Tosh.0) live at the Mahalia Jackson Theater
- went to hear the Rebirth Brass Band at the Harvest the Music event at Lafayette Square
- went to see The Town at the historic Prytania Theatre

Future things I want to do
- Historic Haunts - visits 10 "haunted" places in NOLA - given at 2 Tuesday - Sunday in October
- Deutches Haus - Oktoberfest events - 5 on F, 1:30 on Sat - thru Oct 25
- Ivan Neville - Oct 27 in Lafayette Park
- Saints game
- Hornets game
- Sugar Bowl game
- Tulane baseball game

Future Maybes
- Crescent City Blues & BBQ Festival - Oct 16 & 17 - Lafayette Park
- Gabriel Iglesis - Oct 17 night - House of Blues
- Voo Doo Fest - Oct 29, 30, 31 - headliners include Ozzy & Weezer

No comments: