Friday, January 1, 2010

Its a new year

Going to take a while for me to get used to writing 2010 on stuff I'm sure but I have to admit 2009 had a lot of ups and some big downs but overall personally I have to say that if we started from zero than we forward and not backwards. The new year obviously gives me (and everyone else out there) a good chance to kind of reset, figure out goals (because rarely do we accomplish things without setting out to do them), and in some way this may be considered resolution making.

I have discussed having a resolution not to make any resolutions (if for no other reason than I am a smart azz). I do insist on having some goals and yearly goals are a good time frame to allow you to accomplish thing that are not necessarily doable immediately.

1. Finish up grad school (should be done in May)
2. Pay off the 2nd mortgage
3. Get an article published in a law journal (this is different than my previous publications)
4. Do some health stuff (see list below)
5. Continue to improve and build my rapport with the faculty (not necessarily sure how to do this)
6. Stop biting my fingernails (I've tried to do this for years now, this is my equivalent to smoking a nasty habit that I've quit for months at a time but keep going back to)
7. Try and do better with my religious/faith/God mindset (hopefully the church we started going to a few weeks ago will help with that)
8. Do a better job of trying to be "out there" and less of a home body (I think there is more to life than what I have been doing)

The Health portion of the list
1. Lose some weight (first step is to get back to 223 my low of 2008) then I would like to lose the 23 more to see 200 but first step to 223 is the big one.
2. Be able to run a 12 minute treadmill mile again, it doesn't sound like much but more than I can do now and running on a treadmill (at least our small one) is tougher to get good speed than outdoors.
3. Be able to do 25 consecutive push-ups (once again, not a huge goal but sure can't do it now)
4. Be able to run/jog/walk the 2011 Mississippi Blue Half-Marathon (not the full deal but a huge step for a guy who is really overweight right now)

No comments: