Thursday, June 18, 2009

Book Recommendation

I just got done reading (or substantially read/skimmed some parts) the book I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi. His blog can be found here. What I like about this book is that it is easy to read, it has idea that are not complex but are not super simple (i.e. a lot was backing up and putting meat on idea I already knew or believed in).

Many of you who know me know I am a Dave Ramsey fan but not an obedient follower. Ramit is kind of the same with a few differences that make life more livable and while I don't necessarily believe every thing Ramit had to say I really liked the investment portion on the book which truly spoke to me about how not to overcomplicate things. I will post a few bad (and I do apologize) scans from the book of certain graphs or charts I liked but this is a recommended read by me for those who want to learn and are not too advanced. If you are advanced he is probably going to be telling you mostly what you know and either do or have dismissed. That is part of what I liked about it though, it gives me comfort when someone puts a good, well discussed argument on behalf of the ideas I'm already following and planning to follow. Anyway, on with the pics which you can click on and enlarge:





No comments: