Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Update

Went to the Mississippi State Fair yesterday with my family and by family I include my parents and little sister who came down. I felt kind of bad before yesterday b/c I kind of felt like I guilted them into it b/c I wanted my sister to go to the Fair the first time but after the fact I think they all enjoyed it much more than even they had anticipated. We did the whole show IMO, we watched people on rides, we went through the petting zoo, played a couple of carney games trying to win stupid prizes, ate fair food (the biggest attraction to me), watched a bit of the cattle and lamb judging (at which my old college roommate was one of the judges), walked through some of the live stock barns, and generally just had a good time.

This fun outing was after I spent Friday night at the Ronnie Musgrove / Roger Wicker debate which was hosted at my place of employment. I don't really know what to blog about it, it was pretty cool to be there in person but I really didn't get much more insight that I had before on the 2 as they both personally went pretty negative in the idea of distinguishing their records. I don't want to talk bad about it though b/c I did really kind of enjoy it.

Today needs to be devoted to writing yet another 6 page paper that I just don't want to get working on but eventually, probably after the first game this morning I'll get started.

No comments: