Monday, August 11, 2008

Old Man

I used to love to blog, now I just don't have that fire I once did. That is not to say I'm going to make the blog go away, it will be here when I want it but updates just won't be as frequent as those days when i did 2 or 3 blog posts a day. Part of this is b/c of work strain, part is b/c health stuff I've gone through recently, and part is (as the title indicates) b/c I feel more like an Old Man than I ever have before.

For those who know me in person you can tell by looking I love food, I'm a food connoisseur in my own way. However, that doesn't go so well with living to a ripe old age and being healthy so when I got sick earlier this year I tried to eat better and exercise more and be a healthier individual. This has worked for the most part expect it has been very draining on me mentally to change basically who I was. Here is a very basic example 9 months ago I would wake up and eat 2 bowls of Fruity Pebbles or some other tasty (often sweet) breakfast. (Ignore the fact I like Fruity Pebbles and you may not substitute in French Toast or Chicken Livers or whatever you like to get the effect). Today I consumed the following list as my "breakfast":
All of this is to say I'm tired, I'm tired of not eating what I want to but I'm also tired of being fat and out of shape. I've done better but I am really worn out of the diet thing I've been doing for over 3 months. The problem I see is transitioning to that stage where it is not a diet but a life style and not going back to my old eating habits (and my old weight). So next time you eat that Danish for breakfast think of me trying to do well in the morning as I eat my scrubbers (what I call fiber as they supposedly scrub your GI tract) and take my pills to lower my BP and improve by Cholesterol.

No comments: