Friday, August 15, 2008

Favorite 10 Songs

I heard a discussion last weekend about how some newspaper had asked both Obama and John McCain what their list of top 10 songs were as kind of getting to know them better type deal. Of surprises to me was how few of Obama's songs I had heard of (but Ready or Not did get played alot by me in the mid/late 90's) and McCain really should have tried to come up with some 70's instead of early 60's stuff but it is what it is (and looking at my list I obviously like some old stuff too).

So what does any good imaginary candidate do but make a list of his own. Maybe not Presidential but it is kind of eclectic and I don't necessarily have reasoning behind some of them but as music is it is just a feeling. To make this easier for me I limited myself to 1 song from any person/group. Feel free to include lists of your own in the comments. As an extra special bit I will provide a YouTube of each selection

To start this off though I think we need a good Star Spangled Banner


  1. Friends in Low Place - Garth Brooks
  2. The Freshman - The Verve Pipe
  3. Ironman - Black Sabbath
  4. I Wish It Would Rain - The Temptations
  5. Kokomo - Beach Boys
  6. Reach Out - Four Tops
  7. Mother Father - DMB
  8. Broken Wings - Mr Mr
  9. I'll Be Missing You - Sting
  10. Ave Maria


I know you are thinking "How did Ave Maria get in there?", to me that is the single prettiest song out there so I felt obligated to put in the list. In contention but not making the list: Ms. Jackson - Outkast; Just My Imagination - The Temptations; The Joker - Steve Miller; Sweet Caroline - Neal Diamond; Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison; Sitting on the Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding; Hotel California - The Eagles; Ants Marching - DMB; Dream Girl - DMB; Call Me Al - Paul Simon; - this is list is not comprehensive or in any particular order

1 comment:

msupsy said...

10. Madonna: Like a Prayer
9. Alanis Morissette: All I Really Want
8. Heart: Alone
7. Creed: Illusion
6. ABBA: Take a Chance on Me
5. Verve Pipe: Freshman
4. Elton John: Tiny Dancer
3. Dave Matthews Band: Ants Marching
2. Steve Miller Band: The Joker
1. Van Morrison: Brown Eyed Girl