Thursday, June 26, 2008

Daily Dose of Morningness

Let me start by saying that I'm not sure what the deal is but all the other folks in the library says their computers are down and think the server needs to be restarted, my computer is fine and I AINT TELLING NO ONE

o.k., moving on from that I had a couple of things to talk about

  1. I found this article about Gov. Barbour and some other public officials using the state plane interesting. Now while I don't like Barbour much as long as he pays for the family to ride (and I'm not counting Marsha in the paying category) I got no beef with this. I do think we should do more driving for going to Columbus or Natchez than flying but c'mon people if he is paying for the stops to drop off his kids then let it go, really.
  2. I was happy to read this review from USAToday that is very positive for the new movie Wall-E. From the first commercial I saw for this I was intrigued and Pixar can do little wrong in my book so a 4 out of 4 star review may encourage me to catch a movie in the next week or two.
  3. Some one has to explain to me what is so special about Sarah Jessica Parker because I don't get it, she's not attractive IMO, she can't act that well, and she seems awfully kooky.
  4. That makes me think of how I got big laughs last night as I was "leading" our library school discussion as no one really responded to my first question and then I answered it, asked my second question and crickets, I mean nothing, so I so pulled the Bueller, Bueller. That loosened them up a little bit
  5. Dark Knight talk is starting to sweep through the library, I had 2 different students come but and talk to me about it quite randomly. Maybe it is because I have extolled my belief in Batman being the best super-hero to one too many people but I think it is just excitement about the film is starting to crest upward.
  6. Wanted to give a plug to the PicLense add-on to Firefox 3. It allows some pretty cool Vista/IPhone-ish type features for looking a pictures on a website be it PicasaWeb or a Facebook picture album. Poor job of explaining it here, take my word, check it out, you won't regret it.
  7. I also read this article about a genetic theory of homosexuality, I don't know if I buy it but it kind of does make sense with some respects and is kind of interesting. I guess only time will tell if this theory is correct.

No comments: